Why: We are changing the way healthcare is delivered.
How: We help pain-free athletes progress from beginner to mastery, in activities that bring them joy, i.e. we help them Return to Play, using a movement-focused, education-driven curriculum.
- Screen, Assess, Test, Re-Test
Usually this means the athlete will do a version of the Functional Movement Screen and/or our own core assessment. An assessment can also include NeuroKinetic Therapy.
- Thoughtful Exercise Selection
We select our exercises is by using the following principles:
- Start from the inside and work outwards.
- Start from the ground and work upwards.
- Thoughtful Programming
Position —> Movement —> Strength —> Mastery
Position: Develop the positions necessary for the movement, usually, but not always, those are the starting and ending positions.
Movement: Develop the ability to move smoothly and efficiently between the starting and ending positions.
Strength: Develop both concentric and eccentric strength but it also means that all the additional connective tissues are strong enough to withstand concentric and eccentric training on a regular basis.
Mastery: Develop the ability to creatively use strength within the context of athletic activity.
- We do the majority of our sessions in private or semi-private (2 – 4 athletes) classes.
- The majority of our sessions are 30 minutes but some are 60 minutes long.
- We do some distance coaching, but people progress most quickly if we spend time with them in person.
- Each athlete has their own program